The Original Lactation Massager
Establishing a good flow is everything as a breastfeeding mom. The original LaVie Lactation Massager works to maintain your flow by giving you:
- Relief from clogged ducts and engorgement
- Faster milk letdown
- Improved milk flow
- Faster breast emptying
- Better latching by softening your breast
- Waterproof for in-shower breast massage
- See below for availability at select CVS® locations
Why LaVie Lactation Massagers?
Improve Milk Flow
Whether you are nursing or pumping, improving milk flow can save you time and reduce pain. Soothing vibrations soften breast for easier latching.
Relieve Clogged Ducts
Clogged ducts are a pain in the boob. The Original Teal Lactation Massager is specifically designed to help! Multiple ways to break up clogs with precision targeting.
Empty More Effectively
Effectively emptying the breast helps reduce and prevent clogged ducts and improve milk supply. Plus express breast milk with higher fat content- who doesn't love a chunky baby?
"I ordered one to declog ducts and this little massager did the trick. It got rid of a deep tissue clog that I couldn’t even feel with my fingers and therefore couldn’t loosen myself (I was well endowed before but now large men’s shirts are tight on my chest so you can imagine). Well a half hour of sticking the massager in my pumping bra right over the clog and the clog went bye bye. And it was a very painful clog. Then about a week ago I got three clogs at the same time in the underside of my other breast and the massager just massaged them away. Incredibly great full these exist and may buy a second, one for each breast since I am highly prone to clogs and love this massager."
"Having breastfed 7 children including 3 sets of twins, I was quite skeptical when I saw this product. But ladies, this is not just another gimmick to get a few more of your hard-earned dollars. I have noticed decreased pumping time, increased milk output, and increased overall supply. As a working mom this helps me take shorter pump breaks on the job. At home, my first pump of the day has been cut by 10-15 minutes. I haven't encountered mastitis this time around, but if I do I know this product will help me clear it up. I'm so impressed with this massager; it truly is a game changer for me. Every breastfeeding mom needs a LaVie lactation massager!"
"After just ONE use, I was able to get rid of not one but two clogged ducts in a matter of 18 minutes while I pumped! I was so happy and relieved that it brought me to tears and I was so excited telling my fiancé about it that I had goosebumps all over. I’ve been suffering from clogged ducts for the past 3 weeks and this is finally the one thing that worked beautifully for me! So I just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you for making such an amazing product! (And for making it in my favorite color)"
5 Easy Ways to Use Your Lactation Massager
- Hold the massager with your thumb placed between the buttons and the small tip. Press into the breast, while moving towards the nipple. This technique applies pressure on your milk ducts and moves the milk forward which can help you empty more effectively.
- Use the small tip to reach deeper into the breast ducts. This is great for working out knots and clogs in the breast.
- The scooped edge makes it easy to move fluid. Using the scoop edge helps to move hind-milk forward and can also help relieve hardness from engorgement. It’s also great for reaching under the breast.
- Place the massager in your bra with the small tip facing down. This can help stimulate let down and improve milk flow. If you are pumping, you can place the narrow tip on the flange to increase the vibration area.
- Applying pressure and compression on your breast can help you empty better. Place the massager button side up and rock the sides forward and back.
# 1 Rated Lactation Massagers
Did you know that more than 2/3 of breastfeeding moms face common challenges like clogged ducts, mastitis, and engorgement? That's why we created LaVie Lactation Massagers & breastfeeding support products to help every mom along in her breastfeeding journey.
Why Breast Massage?
Breast massage is proven to have many benefits and can help moms during all stages of breast milk production, from early expression of the all-important colostrum to the maintenance of mature milk. Studies show that breast massage can get yield up to 48% more milk and twice as much fat content.
Using a Lactation Massager on breasts will help moms:
- Express more milk for their baby, with a higher fat content
- Increase milk supply
- Relieve engorgement
- Alleviate pain from clogged ducts and mastitis
- Reduce the occurrence of clogged ducts and mastitis
- Fully empty breasts, encouraging more milk production
How To Treat Clogged Ducts?
The key to clearing a plugged duct is to empty the breast frequently and thoroughly. You may physically see the clogged milk duct coming out in the form of thick discharge and it may have blood in it. Follow these steps to help resolve your plugged duct:
- Apply heat prior to nursing. Place a warm compress over the affected breast for 10-15 minutes, massaging toward the nipple. Our Hot/Cold Comfort Packs or the Warming Lactation Massagers got you coved.
- Breast Massage. The massage can help express milk and loosen up up the clogged duct. Lactation Massagers are an easy and helpful breastfeeding tool to work out clogs.
- Breastfeed your baby starting with the sore breast first and position the baby with his chin or nose pointed toward the plug. Nursing on all 4’s (AKA dangle feeding) can also help.
- Pump or hand express extra milk after breastfeeding from the sore breast to ensure the breast is fully emptied. Our Hands-Free Pump Strap makes pumping a breeze plus its adjustable for all of the changes your body will experience postpartum. Tip: pump while you bottle feed breastmilk to your baby.
- Apply a cold compress after nursing to help alleviate the pain.
It’s not uncommon for babies to ingest the plugged duct during a breastfeeding session. The thickened milk is perfectly safe for a baby to ingest, so don’t be alarmed if you never see it. Many women experience breast tenderness for several days after the plug has been resolved.